Comment on page
Operation & safety
Not following the points below puts you and others in risk of serious injury. Hereby we strongly recommend reading the following points.
- Upon arrival of the kit verify that there are no physical damages to cables or the electrical panel.
- Only use the system indoors.
- Do not put the system in direct sunlight, magnetic fields, extremely humid or hot areas (temperature needs to stay be between 0 and 30 degrees Celsius).
- Any modifications or repairs of the electrical components are at your own risk and should be executed by a qualified engineer.
- Make sure nothing is placed on top of the LED heatsink, as it can become hot.
- Do not look into the LED panel directly without protective glasses.
- Sensor data can be lost if the software or SD card fails.
- The power of the system is achieved with an AC/DC converter enclosed in a box. Never try to open this box. The power chord has a grounded cable supplied in case you are in the “230V AC” EU region. The AstroPlant kit is untested in other areas. The Astroplant kit must be plugged into grounded power outlets only.
- Make sure the kit is in a stable position to prevent any tip-over. A tip-over can lead to serious injuries and has fire hazards.
- Don’t leave the kit unattended with little children.
- When turning on the system verify the LED system turns on in a stable manner. Any flickering or no light means there is damage and immediately turn off the system again. Contact our support channels in this case.
- Prevent any water from entering the top panel.
- After transportation or relocation of the kit verify the kit still operates normally.
- It is not allowed to throw away any parts of the system in an unsorted garbage bin. We are developing a return or recycle policy to minimize e-waste.
- You are fully responsible for the safe operation of the kit.